COVID-19 Your new patient journey
25 Jun 2020
At High Street Dental Practice, we understand that this has been a testing time for everyone. We need to ensure we can address your dental needs and provide “care to keep you smiling”. This is why we have been working relentlessly to completely redesign the way we operate, so that we can begin to welcome you back as safely as possible.
The many decisions and steps we have taken have had your safety as our focus. We have also had to consider the safety of our staff and colleagues. Although some things may look and feel different to your usual experience at the practice, we hope you will still feel our warm welcome. Here is some information on how your visit will look and feel.
If you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please let us know as soon as you can. You should not attend your appointment with symptoms and follow the government guidance around self-isolation.
Before your appointment
- We will send you information ahead of your appointment
- You may be asked to complete & return a new medical history form
- Your dentist may phone you to discuss the proposed treatment and give an estimate of costs
On the day of your appointment
- Before you leave home, please ensure you are hydrated, have brushed your teeth and visited the lavatory
- Please avoid bringing lots of belongings, especially valuables with you
- Please wait in your car, with your mobile phone ready for our call or outside the practice, observing social distancing.
- THE PRACTICE DOOR WILL BE LOCKED UNTIL YOU ARE INVITED YOU TO ENTER
Entering the practice
- We will invite you to enter the practice, this may be by calling your mobile
- Before entering we will ask you some COVID-19 screening questions
- On entering you will be asked to sanitise your hands
- You will notice plastic screens at our reception desk, for added protection
- By the way, all our team undergo daily temperature checks
- You may be asked to pay for your treatment or oral hygiene products, before you see your dentist. We encourage payment by card, contactless if possible
- If there is no need to visit reception, you will be guided directly into the treatment room
- You will be asked to place your belongings eg. Coat or phone in a plastic lidded box
- Our dental teams may be wearing extra PPE, but will try to observe social distancing when possible
- All treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected between each patient and our instruments cleaned and sterilised in the usual way.
- When the treatment is over, you will take your belongings and be escorted to the exit and directed to sanitse your hands. You may also need to visit reception to pay.
- We will make further appointments by phone once you have left
We have changed our appointment diaries to allow for new cleaning times and social distancing between patients. We will be working in small teams in various shifts, to reduce the number of people (dental team & patients) in the building at any given time.We are grateful for your continuing patience and understanding, as we make these changes to benefit us all and keep us safe.back