ORAL CANCER: Because early detection is essential.
Frequent dental check-ups are important for a number of reasons.
One of those is to ensure that oral cancer can be detected as early as possible.
Here at High Street Smile, we include an oral cancer examination as part of your routine check-up.
As a Denplan Excel Accredited Practice, we can assess your risk using an online assessment tool, and give valuable advice to help lower risk.
It’s simple and painless and will easily identify anything unusual.
Oral cancer can affect anyone, though is strongly connected with age, gender and lifestyle: on average, 91% of all cases are linked to lifestyle choices.
Book a check-up and ask us about the lifestyle factors that can affect the development of mouth cancer.
We’d urge you to call us if you’re worried about any of the following:
- An ulcer that does not heal in 3 weeks
- A white or red patch in your mouth
- Any unusual lump or swelling
- Numbness in your tongue or other area of your mouth
- Swelling in the jaw which affects the fit of your denture
- Difficulty in moving your tongue or jaw
- Difficulty in chewing or swallowing
- A feeling that something is caught in your throat